Thursday, November 12, 2015

Belated Yarn Along





I am a day late but I wanted to share my progress on the blanket I am knitting for our family's newest addition (due March 2015).  I am knitting Jared Flood's Shale Baby Blanket. I am using Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage yarn in the charcoal colorway.  It is soft and I know from making Atticus's baby blanket that it opens beautifully upon blocking to display lacework.  By the way, I don't enjoy knitting with typical baby colors so I just picked a colorway that I love.

I am currently reading  Tulipomania by Mike Dash.  It is a well written and absorbing read about the tulip craze that struck the Netherlands in the 17th century.  I am currently halfway through the book and look forward to finishing it.  I am not typically drawn to history books, but this one is definitely a satisfying read.

Linking up with Ginny!

2 comments:

  1. Your blanket is such a lovely color. I love that charcoal color. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who might love TULIPMANIA thanks!

    ReplyDelete