Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Pleasant Evening













One night last week, we decided to attempt eating dessert outside.  It was warm out and I thought, perhaps, if the kids were occupied eating ice cream cones, I could get some cute group photos of them.  This plan failed miserably. Atticus was so excited to be outside that he was up and running down the sidewalk, ice cream cone in hand.  Lily and Little Ish were distracted by their younger brothers antics.  Ice cream was melting and sticky hands and egregiously stained clothing were inevitable.  My husband, being the quick thinker that he is, moved dessert operations inside--saving clothing and my sanity.

After dessert it was still light out, and Ish had a few things to tend to in the garden.  Seeing the opportunity to let the kids run off their energy (and the sugar from dessert), we all headed outside.  Ish gardened, the kids played, and I got to experiment with my camera.  It was a pleasant end to the day even if the time outside ended with a few bumps and bruises and a scraped up hand.  Those things are par for the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment