Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A baby sweater


Front (preblocking)

Back (preblocking)

It's been a while since I've joined in on a Yarn Along, but that is not for lack of knitting.  Although it took me a little while after Atticus's birth to get back into the knitting swing of things, I am back to my craft.  My absence from Ginny's Yarn Along has more to do with the fact that my last two projects have been knit as gifts for family members who have been known to frequent my blog.  My most recent finished object is a baby sweater for my soon-to-be-born nephew.  It is a Puerperium Cardigan knit in Tosh Vintage in the well water colorway. I am quite pleased with the final result.

On the reading front there are a few things going on.  Ish and I are almost finished reading A Little Way of Homeschooling.  As Little Ish is starting to approach school age, Ish and I are starting to more seriously investigate and decide on how we want to home school the children.  On my own, I am reading Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly.  Although it is directed toward children it, there are several pieces of writing advice in it that are useful to me as an adult.  My current car read-aloud with the kids is  James and the Giant Peach.  This is my first time ever reading it, and I am finding it quite enjoyable.

For more yarn and reading join Ginny's Yarn Along!

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I've seen this pattern a lot and love it but your yarn choice makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tosh Vintage is really nice to work with, and I have never been disappointed in any of the colorways from that company.

      Delete