Thursday, March 7, 2013

Letters and Numbers


























Little Ish learned all of his uppercase letters by the time he was 19 months old and then spent almost a year refusing to believe in the existence of lowercase letters other than a and q.  It wasn't until Christmas when he received a Melissa and Doug See and Spell from his cousins that he started believing in lowercase letters.  I decided to copy the Alphabet Egg-Stravaganza idea that I found on this blog to help him learn all of his lowercase letters (not just the ones that came with his See & Spell).  I did have to wait a couple months until their were Easter Eggs at the dollar store, but it was well worth the wait.  Since the eggs came in packs of 18, I had 10 eggs left over from making his alphabet game so I made a similar one with numbers where I wrote the number on the top half of the egg and the corresponding number of dots on the bottom.  Both games have been a big hit!  On one morning Little Ish decided to add an extra element to his number eggs; he filled each egg with the correct number of Cheerios.

3 comments:

  1. that see and spell is the same way I got simon on rosalyn to realize the existence of lower case letters. glad reet gave me a 2nd copy and i could pass it to you! Great egg games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to have him learning! I should do that with my 5 yo!

    Nice to see you blogging again!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete