Saturday, July 28, 2012

Two and a Little Bit Over

Little Ish turned two last month.  Despite all the comments I've heard about the "terrible twos", I am finding this to be a fun age thus far.  Little Ish is talking in mostly full sentences (although his word order is a bit more akin to Latin than it is to English).  Honestly, I think his facility with language may be part of the reason that two is not so terrible.  Anyway, I thought I might share some photos with how we celebrated his special day.

On birthday eve, Big Ish and I transformed Little Ish's highchair into a pirate ship:
















He was really thrilled when we brought him downstairs in the morning singing "He is the birthday king!" to the tune of Pirate King from The Pirates of Penzance (if you don't know the song ask Little Ish to sing it for you sometime!)

We spent a good portion of the rest of the day playing outside between our house and Lola and Dziadzia's house (Ish's parents):













































We finished off the day by having Little Ish's Godparents over for dinner.  After dinner we had cake and ice cream and watched The Pirates of Penzance

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pix! I was tied up at the hospital all day, and now I see what I missed.

    His talking abilities are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete