Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Daybook for 10.27.10


FOR TODAY
(10.27.10)

Outside my window...it is still dark.  I was too awake after Little Ish woke up for a 5AM feeding to head back to bed.

I am thinking...that I could really use a hot cup of coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread.  Breastfeeding makes me hungry.

I am thankful for...kind words from almost strangers.  A woman came up to me after Mass on Friday to tell me that I was doing a good job caring for Little Ish.  After she said that she asked,"What's your baby's name?"  I told her, and it turns out she knows both my husband and my mother-in-law.  Her compliment really brightened my day.

From the learning rooms...Little Ish is exploring the world with his mouth and with his feet.   On Sunday, he kept feeling a friend's beard with his feet.  Thankfully both parties were amused.

From the kitchen...there is half a loaf of pumpkin bread left.  Tonight we are having a turkey dinner, and when we are done, Ish is making soup!

I am wearing...my pajamas.

I am creating...goals for the month of November.

I am going...to make coffee as soon as I am done with this daybook entry.

I am reading...Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block.  It is a very enlightening read, but it is also scary.  I am glad I had my sweet, little Ishmael at a birth center.  It is very likely that I would have had a C-section if I had elected to have a hospital birth. 

I am hoping...that my mother-in-law is enjoying her pilgrimage, and that she returns home safely.

I am hearing...my husband's alarm clock.

Around the house...I have laundry coming out my ears.

One of my favorite things...is seeing Ish walk up the sidewalk after work each day.  My heart leaps at the sight of him. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Aside from dinner with friends on Saturday, I don't have too much planned.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Baby Ish, October 2010


For more daybooks visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. I am wearing my pyjamas too :o)! Little Ish is sure growing. He's so sweet! Love the expression in your photo!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete