Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Caution: Major Rant Ahead

I am usually one of those people who tries incredibly hard to make excuses for other people's bad behavior--not necessarily in attempts to condone it but to mitigate the temptation toward anger.  I am a master of rationalization.  There are, however, a few things that I cannot find a way to rationalize; smoking is one of them. 

There isn't a smoker in this country who doesn't have at least an inkling that smoking is bad for them.  There also isn't a smoker in this country who hasn't at least some idea that his smoking has negative affects on the people around them.  Then why, must I ask, did no fewer than 5 individuals think it perfectly polite to stand next to me and light up cigarettes in the 10 minutes that I waited for Ish to pick me up tonight? There is an expansive area that runs along the front of the grocery store; why was it necessary to stand next to me and smoke?

Dear smokers, feel free to dig your own graves, but please stop digging mine as well!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! When little Ish get a bit bigger, just train him to start coughing like crazy as soon as you get a whiff. Most of the time the offending party will mumble and apology and move. It's worked for us :o)!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete