Friday, June 11, 2010

Daybook for 06.11.10

FOR TODAY
(06.11.10)

Outside my window...I have no clue what it looks like.  I still have the blinds closed from last night.

I am thinking...that I should really get on packing my bags for the birth center.  It would make life a lot easier when I go into active labor.

I am thankful for...the 2 bags of groceries Ish's sister gave us as a thank you for babysitting her kids last weekend.

From the kitchen...the dishwasher needs to be started.  There is a delicious summer squash casserole in the fridge.

I am wearing...my pajamas.

I am creating...lots of hand addressed envelopes for a friend's wedding invitations--I should be done with those today.  I am really enjoying getting to do calligraphy again.  It is much less stressful when gifting a friend as opposed to just wanting to get your own invitations done so you can check it off the list.

I am going...to a prenatal appointment in a few hours.  I can't believe my due date is only 9 days away!

I am reading...The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential by Tony Buzan.  I first learned about mind maps back in high school from a study skills/ NLD tutor.  I used them a bit, but couldn't figure out how to implement them as well as I would have liked.  I am hoping that reading and doing the exercises in this book will help refresh my memory and give me strategies for implementing the use of mind maps in my private studies.

I am hoping...to meet The Diplomat very soon. 

I am hearing...my husband starting to stir. 

Around the house...the crib and changing table are set up thanks to Ish.

One of my favorite things...is my pink Moleskine Volant notebook.  I have been writing like a maniac these past few weeks.  I think part of it is that I have had a lot to write about, and part of it is that I really like how writing in this notebook looks and feels.  For those of you who weren't aware, I am an avid blank book and notebook collector. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:The week is nearly over.  If I don't go into labor I am going to celebrate a friends graduation from college tomorrow.  I have a prenatal appointment today.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...not for today.  I don't have my external hard drive hooked up.

For more daybooks visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Only nine days left? Woo hoo! Rest up and enjoy. Your life will change forever (in a good way) when The Diplomat arrives. Can't wait to "meet" him/her.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete