Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pregnancy Update at 23+ weeks

I had a prenatal appointment yesterday afternoon, and it was probably the most relaxing one yet (not that the others have been stressful, this one was just particularly laid back). Here are the outcomes of my appointment.

-- I have gained 5 pounds in the past month; I'm not quite back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am headed in the right direction

--My blood pressure is still nice and low.

--The midwife reviewed my 24 hour food journal that I had to do and said that I am eating a pretty well balanced diet.

--The write up from my ultrasound a few weeks ago was all positive. The Diplomat is growing properly and is already head down; the umbilical cord is looking good and I have an adequate amniotic fluid supply.

--The Diplomat's heart rate is inbetween 130 bpm and 140 bpm.

I have my next appointment in 3 weeks. Before then, I have to do another blood glucose test; I had to do two of them very early in my pregnancy because type 2 diabetes is pretty common in my family. At that time they will also check my iron levels. Of course, I will have also had my cardiology appointment by then as well.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to mention that the little guy's got short legs!

    ReplyDelete